Explorers House Holiday Makers/PVT Centre Youth Hostel.
Explorers House Hostel is perfect base in Montreal for Families, Backpackers, Students and Groups, Offering a central location and value for money Hostel accommodation, Prices include all Taxes, Breakfast, Linen and more.
Therefore, if you are looking for great and outstanding value in accommodations, you will appreciate quality and value, intertwined with efficiency and speed, and are looking for a nice place to stay that offers you conviviality, a great home sense and lots of little extras, look no more! Here's why you should plan your stay with us:
1. You cross the street and you are at Metro Jean-Talon, a central hub for the Orange and Blue subway lines. Several currency exchanges and grocery stores are close by.
2. You are only 7 minutes away from the Latin Quarter, an area of Montreal that is best known for its bars, boutiques, cafes, theatres, and artistic and academic atmosphere. It's nice to visit, but not, necessarily, to live there because it is too commercial. Here, however, you can step out and be immersed in a full-fledged, European-style market, bordered by specialty shops and one of Montreal's top music stores. In moments, with the booty you found at the market, you can be preparing an interesting meal in our fully equipped kitchen. What other hostel has 3 refrigerators?
3. No curfews, No lock-downs, Clean Sheets, Conviviality.
4. We have a kickass, state-of-the-art game-room, featuring Xbox 360, connected to a 1000 Watt, home theatre system and a 52 inch, plasma, High Definition TV.
5. Satellite Television, with at least 950 channels, including all the major sports channels, etc.
6. We are the only hostel to offer on-site, and for your convenience, a dishwasher and a laundry room, which you could use for free (Special conditions apply; inquire during check-in).
7. We have lockers which are super-big and they lock.
8. Even though such treats as the glass-protected Plaza Saint-Hubert, swimming pools and Little Italy are close by, you could walk across the street and hop on the swift, rubber-tired subway or avail yourself of the efficient network of busses that can "dip" to the ground to assist the handicapped.
9. Just outside, and surrounding the hostel, are a wide variety of restaurants and local bars, frequented by travelers as well as students from the many colleges and universities in the area.
10. We are near some amazing parks and sports facilities Complexe sportif Claude-Robillard (Jeux de Montreal and the Défi sportif (for handicapped athletes) & Uniprix Stadium (Roger's Tennis Cup at Jarry Park ] and one of the world's most extensive bicycle paths which, if taken from beginning to end, can have you circle around the island of Montreal.
Please make sure you read and understand the Terms/Cancellation Policy.
FREE FOR OUR GUESTS:
Located at the border of Villeray and La Petite-Patrie, just steps away from Montreal's Marche Jean-Talon and moments away from Plateau Mont-Royal, is Explorer's House. This centrally-located hostel, a very laid-back facility, offers the right mix of comfort and convenience at a very competitive price. Dorms are set in large, double-room, furnished suites giving access to 3 shared bathrooms and 1 shower.
- Internet terminals (see restrictions)
- Local Calls
- Breakfast (cereal, milk, toast, jam)
- Coffee and Tea all day
- Fresh linens & towels
- Xbox 360
- Plasma TV
In addition, the living room floor was recently renovated and the kitchen is fully furnished. Onsite, and for your convenience, is a dishwasher and a laundry room. Our lockers are super-big and they lock. We are near some amazing parks and sports facilities (Centre Robillard & Jarry Park). Even though such treats as the glass-protected Plaza Saint-Hubert, swimming pools and Little Italy are close by, you could walk across the street and hop on the swift, rubber-tired subway or avail yourself of the efficient network of busses that can "dip" to the ground to assist the handicapped.
Optionally, our local guide offers a "whirlwind" tour (by private car) of Montreal's landmarks and little known, hidden treasures. While you're getting your bearings, he'll even brief you on how to best use the transit system. Once again, our major asset is our central location. Whether a tourist, looking for new sights, an apartment-hunting student, or new in town, searching for employment, you can travel to almost anywhere within 15 to 20 minutes.
We supply (free of charge) a broad variety of tourist maps & brochures and encourage you to explore! At the very least, rest assured that our cast of characters will keep you laughing, entertained, and well informed throughout the course of your stay, whether it be a day, or a month.
We look forward to seeing you here very soon!
Explorers House Hostel offers affordable, comfortable and cheap sleeps in Montreal Canada
Detailed General Terms and Conditions - CANADA
1. We are happy to accept all forms of payment, Visa, Mastercard, DebitVisa, Debit Mastercard, JCB, American Express, Travellers Checks and cash.
2. Our prices exclude all taxes, unless otherwise expressly noted!
3. As of June 2009, the taxes and other fees added to the daily hotel rate are;
a) Quebec Sales Tax = 7.5%,
b) Goods & Services Tax = 6. %,
c) Tourist Development Tax = $2 + 3.575%,
d) Additional Fee = $1.50
4. Dormitory style accommodate are subject to ONLY QST/GST taxes.
5. We accept cash payments in the local currency of the host property only.
a) You can have the option of having your stay charged in the equivalent CAD currency in the following currencies;
Canadian Dollar (CAD) ;
Danish Krone (DKK);
Hong Kong Dollar (HKD);
Hungarian Forint (HUF);
Israeli New Shekel (ILS);
Japanese Yen (JPY);
Mexican Peso (MXN);
Norwegian Krone (NOK);
New Zealand Dollar (NZD);
Polish Zloty (PLN);
Pound Sterling (GBP);
Swedish Krona (SEK);
Singapore Dollar (SGD).
b) Booking of 3 or more people are considered as group bookings entitling you to benefits and savings.
c) No modifications of group booking can be made within seven days of arrival. Your request must be made via e-mail
d) Group booking are billed in advance or upon arrival using the credit card we have on file.
e) If you wish upon arrival to pay by cash, we will issue a credit card refund to the card we billed prior to your arrival. The estimated refund delay is seven to thirty days.
6. We welcome overnight stays and do not require any night minimum however in an effort to continue the successful operations of our hostels, we may in certain cases reserve the right to add an additional maintenance
fee surcharge of $3.95 CAD per night per person in order to defray labor.
7. We reserve the right at all time to recover cost from any damages, lost or prejudice caused by your in/actions or the in/action of guests.
8. If you are booking for you and a guest or travel partner, bear in mind, that at all times, you are responsible for your guest/travel partner and s/he is under your supervision. If you wish to have the responsibility of your guest removed from your profile, please advise our staff and we will ensure proper registration of your friend.
9. Your reservation and stay is conditional upon your irrevocable acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions and notices contained herein and your agreement to use this web site in accordance with and subject to these terms, conditions and notices. The terms, conditions and notices as set out hereunder constitute the entire agreement between you the user of this site, and the hostel.
Extended Stay Hostel Policy
11. An extended stay is defined as a stay that last 14 days or more. There are no penalties for early check out after fourteenth day.
12. All refunds are by checks or PayPal; we no longer give cash refunds.
13. All Reservations require a 48 hour advance Cancellation.
14. All modifications to a booking require 72 hours advance notice. PayPal Booking and Cancellation Policy
15. We are happy to honor and accept your deposit using PayPal. However, bear in mind that a PayPal booking is not a regular booking and it has special regulations applicable for that kind of booking.
16. We must hear from you via email prior to your arrival. Typically, people will contact us prior to beginning their travel. We recommend the same.
Reconfirming your booking intentions
17. In your email, please provide us with your name, intended date of arrival and re-confirm that you will be arriving on that day.
a) If we don't hear of your intentions to honour your booking via email, prior to 11:00am on your day of arrival, we will cancel your booking and treat your booking as a no show/no call.
b) This will subject your booking to the same rules and regulations of none PayPal bookings, within hours or days; you will receive a PayPal request for payment for your no-show.
c) All No Shows are billed for their first night at regular season rate.
d) High Season Rate is $35.00 per night per person and low season is $25.00 per night per person.
e) If you don't pay your fee, you will be barred from staying at any hostel on our network.
Cooking and Kitchen Use
18. You agree that there is no cooking or kitchen use except the use of the microwave between the hours of 22:00 and 05:00. You further understand that violation to this rule can expose you to the imposition of a fine
according to the fine policy in place. It can also lead to you being asked to leave without a refund for the remaining of your stay.
19. We believe in running a very cost efficient operation, In this spirit, and with our experience we know that by keeping cost low, we can make affordable stay in the most expensive cities a reality. In this spirit we ask you to agree with our basic principles of communal living, namely, to clean up after yourself, washing your dishes, pots/pans and tidying your space immediately after use.
20. You understand that not following these basic rules robs other guests of their right to fully self-express and enjoy a clean facility, in addition, such a violation of rule, creates undue, work and expenses for our staff and stakeholders. Therefore, we feel that in the case were this occurs; we must impose a fine or penalty on the party at fault.
21. The fine system exist and is in full force and in such a way, the knowledge of such a system acts as a deterrent and is handled according to the fine policy currently in place.
22. In the event of none-compliance with any of the aforementioned terms, we can ask you to leave without a refund or recourse to a refund regardless of the remaining days of your stay.
Pricing and price change policy
23. Occasionally you will find prices that appear to be much lower than that which were listed with your original reservation or are below season. These prices are almost always limited in time meaning the guest cannot use them for more than a day or two and come with heavy conditions and blackouts dates.
24. Understanding that in such case, you may be tempted to cancel your current reservation thinking you might save money, however, as a general policy; every price is attached with a service level tag and promo.
25. In other words, you cannot pay a lower price and have the same voucher access as another guest who pays more than you.
26. We reserve the right to refuse honoring rates that are inferior to market rate and that are deemed to be against our interest either as a result of a clerical error, honest mistake, act of GOD or other unforeseen event.
27. In cases where it was an honest mistake our liability is limited to the cost of your deposit.
28. Where an honest mistake occurred, we are liable only for the deposit amount only.
29. We may cancel and annul any reservation which we know or have come to know that is against our interest, the result an honest mistake or computer glitch, provided we give you at least seven days advance notice.
30. We cannot accept or honour any reservation that is more than 6 months ahead of the current reservation date.
31. You agree that operational needs over ride individual needs.
32. The hostel has the sole discretion and authorities to change a room configuration add/remove beds.
33. We guarantee that we will always attempt to minimize inconveniences when such a case occurs.
34. Room types are not guaranteed
35. The terms that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the Best Price Guarantee.
Best Valued Price Guarantee
36. Our best price guarantee is a corporate program operated by our corporate office. Our corporate office is called Pied-A-Terre Networks Corporation, Inc. henceforth called Pied-A-Terre Networks; Our Company is so confident that we offer the best valued accommodation that we launched our best price guarantee.
a) *Notifying Pied-A-Terre Networks of a Claim*. You must contact us within twenty-four (24) hours after your Pied-A-Terre Networks booking to make a claim under the Best Price Guarantee. The lower rate must be available for booking at the time you contact us, as determined by our customer service representatives.
b) *Must be "Apples to Apples" Comparison*. The Best Price Guarantee is available only for exact itinerary matches, for example, specific carrier or provider (including class of service), hotel (including room type), ship and cabin category, rental car company and vehicle class, applicable refund policy, and the exact same dates and times of travel or service as booked through Pied-A-Terre Networks.com. For any stand-alone product booking (for example, a hotel room or an airline ticket), the comparison must be to the same product purchased stand-alone through another website (i.e., not part of a hotel + air travel package). Except as noted below, the Best Price Guarantee applies only to the cost of booked travel, as presented in the Pied-A-Terre Networks.com search results, without including any taxes and fees. The Best Price Guarantee is not available for bookings on websites where the carrier, property, rental car company, itinerary or similar booking details are unknown until after purchase. You must meet all requirements imposed on the lower price (if any), including, without limitation, residency, regional and age-related requirements.
c) *Comparison Rates Must Be Available to the General Public Online*. The Best Price Guarantee applies only to prices both advertised and available to the general public on a US-based website. For example, this does not include rates offered on membership program websites, corporate discounts or rates; group, charter, rewards program, incentive, meeting, convention, consolidator or interline prices; prices obtained via auction or similar process; or prices available only by using a coupon or other promotion not offered to the general public. The lower rate may not come from a website where you call to get the rate, or from an e-mail that you received. The rate must be quoted and booked in US dollars (and without reference to currency converters).
d) *Important Note Regarding Activities and Travel Packages*. When you book an activity, or a travel package (i.e., air + hotel, air + hotel + car, air + car, or hotel + car booked together as a package on the same itinerary) with Pied-A-Terre Networks.com, the Best Price Guarantee applies to the cost of the activity or the travel package, respectively, plus all taxes and fees.
e) *Important Note Regarding Cruises*. The Best Price Guarantee applies only to the cost of the cruise. Taxes and fees, and any additional items, such as air or land components, insurance, the Cruise Protection Plan,
shipboard credits, transfers, pre- or post-cruise hotel stays, onboard amenities, gift cards/certificates, cash back and/or dollars off are not eligible. To qualify for the Best Price Guarantee on a cruise booking, you must have either paid in full or paid a non-refundable deposit on the booking. If you have made a non-refundable deposit, then any credit under the Best Price Guarantee will be applied toward the outstanding balance due for your booked cruise.
f) *Verification of Claims*. All requests, including receipts, are subject to verification by Pied-A-Terre Networks. Pied-A-Terre Networks will not accept screenshots or other purported evidence of a lower price that
cannot be independently confirmed by our personnel. Nor will Pied-A-Terre verify any request that it believes, in its sole discretion, is the result of a printing or other error or is made fraudulently or in bad faith. For verification of standalone car rental and non-prepaid hotel bookings, the customer service representative will instruct you to mail a copy of your car or hotel receipt to Pied-A-Terre within thirty (30) days after you have
completed the rental or hotel stay. Verified requests will receive a credit to the credit card used for the booking, within approximately 7-10 days of verification. Limit: one (1) $50 coupon per entire booking, and three (3)
coupons per customer per calendar month (regardless of the number of accounts used by the customer). Each coupon is valid for one (1) year from month of issuance.
g) *Changes*. Pied-A-Terre Networks reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue the Best Price Guarantee or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you. The terms that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the Best Price Guarantee. No change in the Best Price Guarantee will affect any coupon that has already been issued to you. The failure by Pied-A-Terre Networks to enforce any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
37. Long Distance is free within North America regardless of the telephone number you are calling however calls placed oversees must be fixed lines otherwise you will incur a fee of 0.25$ per minute. The countries covered and which include free and unlimited, anytime, long distance are the following; Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Japan, Italy, Ireland, Israel, Luxembourg, Malaysia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea, San Marino, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City
38. We are happy to provide free Unlimited Internet and Telephone is available for free.
39. This fee is waived if you bring your own, Wi-Fi compatible laptop.
40. Extra charge of 5$ an hour will apply for using our in-house computers
41. Since the rates are below season we are pleased to offer you a limited menu for breakfast additionally to our regular complimentary coffee and tea.
Basic guidelines for an outstanding stay with us
42. No eating other guesses food without their express permission. If you are not sure if a certain food is yours or not, use the color coded system and write your bed number on it as to avoid this confusion.
43. No vandalism permitted this can include but does not limit itself placing fruit stickers on bedpost
44. No verbal or physical aggression or violence permitted
45. We reserve the right to recover cost due to prejudices, damages or lost caused by your or your guests.
46. Check out time is 10:00 AM, we provide a 2 hour grace period for you to assemble and pack your personal belongings.
47. Overstays will have a charge of 18.00$ added to their account for the first hour and 4.00$ for each additional hour.
48. Helping us keep our cost low doesn`t only make sense for you since it allows us to keep our rates competitive but also for everyone else who would enjoy our hostel in the future. In this spirit we ask you to mind the following;
a. Close the lights if you don't need them
b. Rinse your dishes and place them in the dishwasher. (If you see the dishwasher full, add the soap and start it.) We don't mind placing the dishes back in their space.
c. If possible, we ask that you keep one towel for the duration of your stay and only change it if you must for sanitary or medical reasons.
Amenity and Laundry Facility
49. If you would like to do laundry and use our dryer, you can do so however we ask you to ask our staff. An additional flat-fee of $ 10.00 will be applicable or 2.50$ per wash and dry plus 0.50$ for soap.
50. Absolutely no physical contact with any artwork within the hostel, this includes placing towels on statues or touching with your pinkie. (This can damage the artwork and a restoration fee equal to cost of the artwork will be charged. The damage will be assessed by the curator of the museum where we borrowed the artwork and this can cost up to 5,000$ so please be mindful of your actions.
51. No touching, disconnecting or moving any of the security cameras located anywhere inside or outside the hostel. (If you do and something goes missing, you will be solely responsible for the lost and damages and we may at our discretion fill a police report which can lead to criminal investigations.)
52. No leaving front doors open for the general public to walk-in. Security is everyone's business.
53. We reserve the right to recover cost due to prejudices, damages or lost caused by your or your guests
54. Keep your space tidy; if you need space ask us.
55. In the event where you need to take an evening or afternoon bus or flight and want to leave your luggage with us, please ask us for coat check services. We will safely store your luggage and provide you a coupon.
Noise Curfew Policy
56. We don`t like to impose rules on noise because we know most people have great common sense, however, a few in the past have shown us that they had little and this potentially ruined other guest`s vacation. Therefore, in the spirit of friendship and understanding we ask that you mind and respect the following.
a) Keep the Television volume between 20 and 25 after 23:00
b) If you want to chat loudly and /or play music after those hours, please do so out on the balcony outside Advance Payments and Group Bookings Policy Restaurant *Cancellation Charges (Reservations for 1 - 6 persons)***
57. A charge of 50% will be made for any cancellations or downward adjustments to restaurant bookings if these changes are not notified to us before 12 p.m. on the College working day prior to the date of the booking.
1. No shows will be charged at 100%.
2. *Advance Payments for Themed, Gastronomic, Christmas & Designated Events (1 – 6 persons)***
3. Payment for Themed, Gastronomic, Christmas meals or any other designated event is required in full by the date advised at the time of booking. Until payment is received in full all bookings will be considered as provisional only.
4. Should payment not be received by the date advised we reserves the right to remove the provisional booking from the bookings diary without further reference to the customer.
5. A refund of 25% will be given for any cancellations of pre-paid reservations received up until 12 p.m. within three working days prior to the date of the event.
6. A full refund will be given for cancellations made 15 full working days prior to the date of the event.
Hostel Group Booking & Operations
*Group Bookings (Reservations for 3 or more persons)*
64. Group booking conditions will apply to parties of 3 or more people for any stay.
65. Payment for group bookings is required in advance and no later than ten full working days prior to the arrival of your group.
66. When booking online, you grant us authorization to bill your card for the full amount of your stay. Unless the booking is for a themed, Gastronomic, Christmas or other designated event in which case the conditions detailed above will apply. Bookings will be considered as provisional until payment is received in full.
67. Should payment not be received by ten working days in advance we reserves the right to remove the provisional booking from the bookings diary without further reference to the customer.
68. A refund of 50% of any full payments will be given for any cancellation received up until 12 p.m. seven days prior to the date of the event.
69. A full refund will be given for cancellations made 30 days working days prior to the date of the event.
*70. **When making any such changes or cancellations to a booking customers are advised to make a note of the date and time of the change/cancellation being made and the name of the person taking the details.***
Guests Accountability & Breach Remedy Policy
71. In the event of a customer dispute, honest mistake in booking or over bookings, we promise to do the following to assist you.
a) Offer you alternate arrangements
b) Allow you to cancel your reservation with us at no fee
c) Help you find alternative arrangements
d) Our liability is limited to the cost of the booking deposit and pursuant to the third party provider agreement.
e) This policy may be amended without prior notice and at the sole discretion of the board of directors, the executives and management of thehostel.
72. In the event of a breach of compliance, intentional breach or involuntary breach of any of our rules and after being made aware of such rules and conditions or your stay, you understand that you expose yourself to the possibility of being fined or cost being recovered as a result bad behavior.
73. When this happens you will be asked to leave and you will be barred from making further stays at any of our properties. Furthermore, the event will be documented and we will place your confidential information on a central databank, which will be accessed by other hostel owners. Others in turn can decide if they want to host you. You information will remain in the system until such time as you have cleared out the issue and secured your integrity again. Jurisdiction and applicability
74. I have read and understand the following protocol for experiencing an outstanding stay. I understand that failure to respect any of the following may lead to my expulsion from the premises with no rights to any refund for any of the days remaining on my account.
75. This document may be amended without prior notice and at the sole discretion of the board of directors, the executives and management of the hostel.
76. Our failure by us to enforce any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
77. The laws of Canada, Province of Quebec govern this document.
78. The parties agreed to have this document drawn in the English language. Les parties sont mise d'accord pour avoir ce texte rédiger en Anglais. Los partidos estan acuerdo que este documento sea escrito en englese
Please check with the Management of the Hostel after you're booking has been confirmed, to confirm the most up to date Cancellation Policy.
Pied-A-Terre Shanbhala is somewhere Cheap and Affordable to stay in Montreal Canada, offering accommodation all year round and weekend breaks.
Book Cheap Hostels in Montreal
Budget Hotels in Montreal
Hostel Group Booking and Reservation Montreal
Group Booking for Cheap Montreal Hostels
Backpackers Hostels Accommodation in Montreal
Cheap Youth Hostels Montreal
Book Cheap Hostels and Budget Hotels in other Worldwide Cities
Youth Hostels Accommodation worldwide
Explorers House Holiday Makers/ PVT Centre Cheap and Inexpensive Place to Stay in Montreal Canada